Jack Daniel Distillery
133 Lynchburg Highway
Lynchburg, TN 37352
Recognized worldwide for its distinctive black label and square bottle, Jack Daniel’s whiskey has become an iconic American symbol. Come visit the place where it all started, the Jack Daniel Distillery, the oldest registered distillery in the United States!
In 1863, Daniel started making whiskey in Lynchburg, Tennessee. The key to the whiskey’s success, Daniel believed, was that it was made with cool, pure, iron-free spring water from a cave on the property. To this day, Jack Daniel’s is only made using this water. Outside of the cave stands a statue of Mr. Daniel himself, watching over the spring of his secret ingredient. Our Jack Daniel Distillery tour offers an insight into how the legendary No. 7 is made, as you get to observe each step of the distillery process.
GENERAL TOUR INFORMATION
- All ages are welcome however restrictions do apply. Please read individual tour descriptions thoroughly to understand these restrictions.
- The Jack Daniel Distillery is a working distillery. There may be times the tour path is altered to accommodate routine maintenance and repairs; expect temperature fluctuations and strong odors.
- Tours are outdoors and involve walking and stairs. Jack Daniel’s has developed an alternative Distillery tour for those who would have difficulty participating in the tour. There is a bus-tour option for those who are short on time or who don’t have a hankering for stairs. For those opting for the other tour options, walking shoes are recommended.
- Clutches, fanny packs and wallets are allowed. No purses or bags are allowed on tours.
- There are free, self-locking lockers provided at the Visitors Center.
- Baby carriers are recommended however strollers are not allowed on tours.
- Services animals are welcome at the Distillery, however, they must be restrained at all times.
SECURITY, POLICIES & RESTRICTIONS
- Bags are not permitted on tours. Bags include: backpacks, purses and camera bags.
- Cameras and cell phones are allowed on tours, however, pictures are restricted in certain areas of the tour.
- The Jack Daniel Distillery and Visitor Center is a smoke-free facility. This includes smokeless tobacco, e-cigarettes and vapor devices. Smoking is not permitted on tours.
- Weapons of any kind are not permitted inside the Visitors Center or on the Distillery tour
Nashville.com: The Complete Guide to Nashville, Tennessee!