Nashville street closures announced for CMA Fest
All downtown street closures have been announced. The schedule below was released 5/29
NASHVILLE - Downtown Nashville will experience some changes in traffic flow to accommodate the numerous events and activities that are part of 2013 CMA Music Festival. The annual four-day festival will take place Thursday through Sunday, June 6-9, but some road closures will take effect the week before the event officially begins. All times are Central.
Closures beginning Thursday, May 30:
- 6:00 AM – First Avenue South, east lane closest to Riverfront Park, from Demonbreun to Broadway (re-opens Monday, June 10 by 6:00 AM)
Closures beginning Saturday, June 1:
- 8:00 AM – Demonbreun, north lane closest to Walk of Fame Park, from Fourth to Fifth Avenues (re-opens Tuesday, June 11 by 6:00 PM)
Closures beginning Monday, June 3:
- 8:00 AM – Acme Alley between First and Second Avenues (re-opens Monday, June 10by 6:00 AM)
- 8:00 AM – First Avenue from Demonbreun to Church Street (re-opens Monday, June 10by 6:00 AM)
- 8:00 AM – Fifth Avenue from Korean Veterans Boulevard to Broadway (re-opensMonday, June 10 by Noon)
- 8:00 AM – Broadway from First to Second Avenues (re-opens Monday, June 10 by 6:00 AM)
Closures beginning Wednesday, June 5:
- 10:20 AM – Broadway from First to Fourth Avenues (re-opens Monday, June 10 by 5:00 AM)
Additional temporary closures will occur Wednesday, June 5 to accommodate “The Ninth Annual CMA Music Festival Kick-Off Parade” and “The Eighth Annual CMA Music Festival Block Party.” The following roads will be closed for parade traffic from 9:00 AM–2:00 PM:
- Tenth Avenue North from Broadway to Church Street
- Commerce Street from Ninth to Tenth Avenues
- Ninth Avenue from Broadway to McGavock Street
- Broadway from Fifth to Twelfth Avenues (10:20 AM–1:30 PM only)
About CMA Music Festival
With 11 total stages and many free lifestyle exhibits to explore throughout the Festival footprint in Nashville, CMA Music Festival is a fantastic, family-friendly entertainment value. It all officially kicks off Thursday, June 6 with "Lady A Day at FFX" featuring Lady Antebellum performing, signing autographs, and cutting the ribbon when Fan Fair X officially opens to fans. Fan Fair X is free to four-day ticket holders, but tickets to this exciting new attraction are available to fans for $10 a day or $25 for four days Thursday through Sunday, June 6-9, with children 12 and younger admitted for free.
Daily and Four-Day tickets for AT&T U-verse Fan Fair X are available through Ticketmaster at Ticketmaster.com, the CMA Music Festival Box Office by calling 1-800-CMA-FEST (262-3378), or onsite at the registration area of Fan Fair X (price includes handling fees).
Fans can stay in the loop by visiting CMAfest.com, the official website of CMA Music Festival, where they can sign up for the CMA Exclusive e-news. Fans can also connect with CMA atFacebook.com/CMA, Twitter.com/CountryMusic, Pinterest.com/CMAworld, andInstagram.com/CMA_Country_Music_Association.CMA Music Festival is organized and produced by the Country Music Association. Fan Fair® is a registered trademark of CMA. Chevrolet™ is the Official Ride of Country Music. Bud Light is the Official Beer of the CMA Music Festival. Pepsi is the Official Soft Drink of the CMA Music Festival. Transitions® Adaptive Lenses: the Official Eyewear of the CMA Music Festival. American Airlines is the Official Airline of CMA Music Festival. Bad Boy Buggies are the Official UTV of the CMA Music Festival.