View Full Version : Nashville for Honeymoon
My future husband and I would like to go to Nashville for out honeymoon. We're thinking about staying the the Grand Ol' Opry Hotel. With all that besides the point...
1) Is it best to rent a car or take taxis?
2) What are the must sees in Nashville?
3) Just in case, any suggestions on Hotels. Being newlyweds, the cash isn't exactly "flowing in."
Thanks! Look forward to visiting!
05-05-2008, 11:20 AM
It's actually the Opryland Hotel, but we understood what you meant. I helped design part of that hotel, by the way. Ever try to design an indoor "river"? ;-)
1) If you plan to get out an sight-see it would probably be better to rent a car; however it sort of depends on what you want to do (uh, besides the obvious) and where you stay. You could stay downtown and walk to a lot of things.
2) What are your interests? There's historic things, music things, nature things, art & crafts things (at times). When are you coming? There is more to do from spring to fall but less in the very hottest part of summer (July and August).
3) If you find the Opryland Hotel too expensive you might check the rates at the Hermitage or Union Station. Both of those are somewhat expensive as well so there might not be much difference. There are a lot of hotels in Nashville due to the tourist industry so you find everything from cheap to expensive.
Opryland Hotel is really nice and has very cool grounds (they have their own indoor tropical city and it's gorgeous) - but you have to rent a car or take a shuttle to downtown Nashville. There is a Holiday Inn Express off Broadway in downtown which might be the least expensive (without being a dive), and within walking distance to many restaurants and honky tonk bars.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.