PDA

View Full Version : where to sing

countrymuzicsinger
10-11-2006, 07:43 AM
Where are the best places to go in Nashville, if you want to get noticed as a country music singer?

Jojo
10-11-2006, 12:15 PM
We always say to immerse yourself in the business. Hang out on Music Row; go to writers' nights. Make yourself seen and known everywhere!

Good luck! ;)

Unregistered
10-07-2007, 11:11 AM
im looking for ways to become a country singer

Jeff
10-08-2007, 08:33 AM
Hey man! Are you in Nashville? Tell me a bit about yourself first and maybe I can steer you in the right direction. It's very important to be here. Like Jojo said, you've go to immerse yourself in the business.

Do you write music? Do you have a demo? Do you play anywhere now? There are so MANY people who want to 'make it' as a country singer that competition is unreal. Compare it to Hollywood - all those struggling actors out there - we all want to make it big!! At least get started in the right direction. Be in Nashville - Get involved, go to writers nights and keep your fingers crossed!

Good luck buddy!

Mike
11-26-2008, 07:55 AM
My daughter wants to sing Country Music. She has been singing since she was very young and is blessed with a beautiful, Trisha Yearwood, type voice (We all love Trish as well). She is finishing College now and I have committed to help her by moving from Atlanta, where we live, to Nashville when she graduates. She is 21 yo. We have been in a lot of Shows locally singing Carrier Underwood songs, Sugarland, etc, but some of the competitions she has been in give you addtional points for "Original" music. She is not a writer and it cost her a Colgate Country Showdown trip this year because she sang other singers songs. The Sales folks at the local Country Music Stations know her and like her, BUT, where can we hook up with Songwriters in Nashville or via Web?? Mike (mange@bellsouth.net)

Tim
11-27-2008, 06:21 AM
My daughter wants to sing Country Music. She has been singing since she was very young and is blessed with a beautiful, Trisha Yearwood, type voice (We all love Trish as well). She is finishing College now and I have committed to help her by moving from Atlanta, where we live, to Nashville when she graduates. She is 21 yo. We have been in a lot of Shows locally singing Carrier Underwood songs, Sugarland, etc, but some of the competitions she has been in give you addtional points for "Original" music. She is not a writer and it cost her a Colgate Country Showdown trip this year because she sang other singers songs. The Sales folks at the local Country Music Stations know her and like her, BUT, where can we hook up with Songwriters in Nashville or via Web?? Mike (mange@bellsouth.net)
Mike- check out RAMA - here your daughter can make a lot of contacts:
http://www.rama-info.com/ The best she's doing is moving to Nashville - that's a great start!

Ranana_Dwew
06-19-2009, 04:27 PM
I sing - if I sing well or not you can decide for yourself through the songs Ive posted here.
Anyway, youre getting better with each song - so I could help you out with a project if you want

Kristi
10-22-2009, 08:02 PM
Does anyone know anywhere I can take my 12 Year Old daughter to sing and get her voice heard. We live in the Nashville area. She has a beautiful voice we just need to get it out there. Please help.

Unregistered
10-23-2009, 06:31 AM
Does anyone know anywhere I can take my 12 Year Old daughter to sing and get her voice heard. We live in the Nashville area. She has a beautiful voice we just need to get it out there. Please help.
Does have a demo? Does she write her own music?

Unregistered
10-26-2009, 03:53 PM

Kristi - Try to get meetings with the record labels, talent shows etc. Be persistent!

Unregistered
11-18-2009, 09:57 AM
Hey I'm a country boy from Lamar south Carolina and I go all over and sing. People love me and tell me I am going to be somebody one day could yaw please help me out and give me some advice # 8433076501

Jim Colyer
12-16-2009, 04:52 AM
The Bluebird is the only songwriter venue that really matters.

Unregistered
09-29-2010, 08:56 PM
I am meeting with a couple music Industry people, to consider other options, ready to make a decision, since I got offered a deal. Need to find a place, cheap, music row area. Sing Island lyrics, but kinda a soft alternative sound, some say, like Enya or Sarah Mclachlan. Need gigs, bookings, likely will be back in Nov. mainstream with a christian background. Call Angel (Kristy Joy) 808-769-3188

Unregistered
10-07-2010, 07:15 AM
im looking for ways to become a country singer

i want to sing as a country singer,i have no way to get to nashville can any one help me,my name is shawn im 21,and all i want is somebody to belive in me.

Unregistered
10-25-2010, 09:19 PM
Hello,

Would anyone be able to tell me how one goes about finding a producer or management company. I have several producers in mind who I would like to work with, but have no idea how to get a hold of any of them. Is there any type of listing that provides the contact info. for various music producers? Same thing goes on the manager front?

I'm a singer/songwritter with a focus in country/pop/rock. I come from a musical theater background and know how that industry works inside and out but am a bit unfimilar with the full workings of the music business.

I began singing contemporary music at 15, then made a transition into musical theater. However, I'd like to get back to my contemporary music roots. I'm 21 now and have worked Off-Off Broadway in addtion to in the New York cabaret scene. Also play the local coffee house circut in Philadelphia(contempory music only-country/pop/rock. No musical theater).

If anyone has any tips on how to go about contacting/finding contact info. for various producers please let me know. Thanks!!

11-21-2010, 11:56 AM
Hi,

I hope anyone replies to this, it would mean a lot to me. And pardon my English ;)

So I've been reading some of the topics in here, searching for anything that can point me in the (somewhat) right direction as to how to get your music out there.

It seems living in or moving to Nashville is a good start, but since I'm 18 years old and living in The Netherlands (poor me) that is not really an option at the moment.

I've been writing my own songs since I was about 12 but I never thought about doing anything serious with that, since living in The Netherlands makes it kind of impossible to make a living as a singer/songwriter. I changed my mind about that and decided I atleast want to give it a try since it's what I have always dreamed of (and what I never really dared to dream of)

Is there any other way to start working on this silly dream, apart from moving to Nashville?

If you can tell me something,anything, feel free to e-mail me at amberkamminga@hotmail.com

MBarne4908@aol.com
01-04-2011, 01:57 PM
Singers need to be in as many places that they can SING. If you are in Nashville, there are around 40 writers nights a week, in addition to the Lower Broadway downtown area. Don't look to be discovered in any of them but look to make friends in all of them. And that is the key to the music business from any area.

For those of you oversees, try to locate pubs, writers showcases, open mics, talent shows as a starting place. Many coffee houses also have some form of poetry readings that often will lead to these types of events. Try to find as many like minded people around you as possible.There are many more than you realize. Often a Google search can lead you in the right direction.

It is all the same no matter where you are. There are millions of like minded people everywhere. It is up to you to go find them.

MAB

Unregistered
06-19-2012, 05:36 PM
Hi,
I want to become a country singer that has always been my dream and I don't know how to write songs but I kareokee some and I'm going to Nashville in the morning so please I need advice on how to make....

Jim Colyer
08-19-2012, 03:57 PM
I just got a new guitar, a black Yamaha. I hope to start playing venues like the Bluebird and Douglas Corner again.